Summer Time is Here
Each spring we often get asked a few questions:
Q: “How do lessons work in the summer?”
A. Rock School is open year-round and we do not close during the summer. We are offering 2 options for students who miss their standard lessons time over the summer: 1) Students in band or lessons are offered up to 4 group workshops taught by the Rock School staff or 2) Students in private lessons are offered up to 4 private makeup lessons. This way you can take as much time off as you need for summer travel without losing a single lesson. You can also offer your reserved lesson time to a friend or family member on the days you are out.
Q: “Do bands and vocal groups continue in the summer?
A: All bands and vocal groups continue on in the summer. All bands (except Kidzrock) will perform on August 9 at Blueberry Hill. It is not recommended to take band if you plan on missing more than 3 consecutive rehearsals and/or the August 9th performance.
Q: “If we withdraw for the summer, can we keep our spot for the fall?
A: Lessons are first come first serve, so if you withdraw for the summer we cannot guarantee that we will have a spot for you in the fall.
Q: Will there be Kidzrock (ages 4-7) during the summer?
A: There will be two 5-week Kidzrock sessions. All bands will record a song in the Rock School recording studio! There will not be a Kidzrock concert in the summer.
Summer Workshops and Make-up Lessons
All classes are free to students enrolled in the summer session.
Classes are grouped by age.
- Songwriting Workshop: Mondays at 3:15 pm
- Learn how to compose lyrics, melodies and chord structures.
- Rock, Jazz and Blues Improvisation: Tuesdays at 3:15 pm
- Learn how to improvise in various styles of rock and blues. Open to all instruments.
- Lead and Harmony Singing: Wednesdays at 3:15 pm
- Learn about vocal techniques, how to sing lead, and how to sing backup.
Family Band: Saturdays at 3:00 pm
This a great opportunity for the entire family to participate in a band together! Recommended for ages 6 and up.
Students in private lessons are offered up to 4 makeup lessons. You must cancel your normal lesson 48 hours before your scheduled lesson time if you wish to schedule a makeup.
* You must sign up 48 hours in advance in order to reserve your spot in a class
* In the event only 1 student enrolls, the makeup class will be a 30 minute private lesson
* Times are subject to change