STL Summer Camp 2022
Finding an STL summer camp that teaches music is a fantastic way for children to grow emotionally and socially. Campers get a chance to discover new musical talents and create bonds with bandmates that can last a lifetime (playing in a rock band has that effect!) After a long hiatus from everyday social life, our children have an even bigger need to be around peers to help them socialize and make new friends.
Music has always brought people together, as it transcends language and our everyday personality, connecting us on a deeper level. Whether our young ones are outgoing or shy, music has the effect of bringing people together and helping us socialize and communicate more effectively. It allows us to obtain a sense of inner calm, and it helps us let out our creative energies when we want to have some fun! Learning how to play an instrument and playing in a rock band is one of the few pleasures in this world where you can let the pressures of life go and reconnect with your body and mind.
We have all heard about the many studies proving how music enhances mood, improves emotional regulation, and even increases IQ in young students. Therefore, we believe that all STL summer camps should include musical activities to help kids:
- develop their social skills
- encourage curiosity
- enhance their communication
- and letting their creativity grow!
These skills are not just valuable to musicians; these are skills that help your child get ahead in everyday life!
A Day In The Life: Of STL Rock School Summer Camp
At STL Rock School, we provide one of the most unique experiences compared to any other summer camp in 2022. Kids have the chance to interact with new friends through the power of music, where they learn to play an instrument, join a rock band, and play in a rock concert – all in one summer!
When campers first arrive, they get a chance to hang out with their fellow bandmates, learn about one another, and meet their camp instructor for that session. Next, campers make their way to the band rooms and begin learning some of their favorite songs, even if they have no experience with the instrument yet! After band practice, all the students hang out and eat lunch together, followed by outdoor playtime and other fun music-related activities. By the end of the day, we have one more band practice to hone the camper’s skills!
It’s no wonder our campers learn to play music so well!
We are proud to be one of the best STL summer camps around by teaching children the joys of learning to play music and be creative. It is a place where students can play in a rock band, make new friends, and learn the music they love. You can sign up for our STL Summer Camp 2022 sessions here!
Our 2022 Summer Camp includes:
- Rock band and music lessons for ages 6-18. All skill levels are welcome, whether your child is a complete beginner or has been rocking out for a long time!
- We provide outdoor play and fun music activities like games and movies.
- At the end of the session, a rock concert hosted at STL Rock School, where family and friends can attend to cheer on their loved ones.
- Before and after camp care if needed!
STL Rock School summer camp provides one, and two-week camps on the following dates:
Camp Session Dates
- Session 1 May 16-20
- Session 2 May 23-27
- Session 3 May 31- 10 June
- Session 4 June: 13-24
- Session 5 June 27-July 8
- Session 6 July: 11-22
- Session 7 July: 25- 5 August
- Session 8 August: 8-12
- Session 9 August: 15-19
Camp Hours and Important Info.
- 9 A.M. -2:30 P.M. Monday-Friday
- 8:30 A.M.: Free before camp care
- 2:30-5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday After camp care. (No aftercare on Friday)
- Campers need to bring a sack lunch
- End-of-Camp Concert on the last day of the camp session!
You can sign the kids up for summer fun HERE! But hurry, spots are filling fast, and summer is right around the corner! 🤘🌞🤘